Results of selection of the International Short Film Competition at the CINEMAFORUM
Twenty films have been qualified for the International Short Film Competition. The list of productions that will be presented as part of the 21st edition of CINEMAFORUM shows the global nature of the festival.
Short films from all around the world
The CINEMAFORUM is an event fully focused on short cinema, which shows its diversity and multidimensionality by presenting films from all around the world. This year the audience will see shorts movies from Poland, France, Lithuania, Italy, USA, Chile, Costa Rica, China and also co-producions.
– This year’s competition consists of twenty films from all over the globe. The fate of individuals is connected with the fate of the whole world and the dynamic, plastic reality leaves a permanent mark on man and his environment – says Błażej Hrapkowicz – artistic director of the CINEMAFORUM.
From Cannes, Venice and Locarno to Warsaw
The films qualified for the Competition were previously shown at the festivals in Cannes, Venice, Locarno, Toronto and Clermont-Ferrand, as well as the Oscar-nominated animation „Bestia” directed by Hugo Covarrubias. This year it is one of two short animated movies in the Competition. All films will compete for the Grand Prix and the Audience Award.
Films qualified for the International Short Film Competition of the 21st edition of CINEMAFORUM:
- „Bestia”, dir. Hugo Covarrubias, Chile 2021, 16’
- „Chaperone”, dir. Sam Max, USA 2022, 16’
- „Warsha”, dir. Dania Bdeir, France/Lebanon 2021, 15’
- „There is no peace of mind”, dir. Karol Ulman, Poland 2022, 14’
- „Bye Bye”, dir. Amelie Bonnin, France 2021, 24’
- „A Fairy Tale”, dir. Zoe Arene, Belgium/France 2022, 21’
- „The Seine’s Tears”, dir. Eliott Benard, Nicolas Mayeur, Etienne Moulin, Hadrien Pinot, Lisa Vicente, Philippine Singer, Alice Letailleur, France 2021, 9’
- „Primal Therapy”, dir. Santtu Salminen, Finland 2021, 20’
- „Cherries”, dir. Vytautas Katkus, Lithuania 2022, 15’
- „At Little Wheelie Three Days Ago”, dir. Andrew Stephen Lee, USA 2022, 18’
- „Censor of Dreams”, dir. Leo Berne, Raphael Rodriguez, France 2021, 18’
- „Pops”, dir. Lewis Rose, United Kingdom/France 2021, 19’
- „Trumpets in the Sky”, dir. Rakan Mayasi, Palestine/Lebanon/France/Belgium 2021, 15’
- „Luz Nocturna”, dir. Kim Torres, Costa Rica 2022, 14’
- „A Beautiful Wildflower Meadow”, dir. Emi Buchwald, Poland 2022, 30’
- „Nocomodo”, dir. Lola Halifa-Legrand, France 2022, 13’
- „Snow in September”, dir. Lkhagvadulam Purev-Ochir, France/Mongolia 2022, 20’
- „The Water Murmurs”, dir. Story Chen, China 2022, 15’
- „Tria”, dir. Giulia Grandinetti, Italy 2022, 17’
- „August Sky”, dir. Jasmin Tenucci, Brasil/Iceland 2021, 15’
CINEMAFORUM – the 21st International Short Film Festival will be held on November 2-6, 2022. The winners will be announced on the last day of the festival during the final ceremony.
The organizer of the festival is the FILMFORUM Association.
The project was co-financed by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage in Poland from the Culture Promotion Fund and the funds of the Capital City of Warsaw. The festival is co-financed by the Polish Film Institute.
The main partner of the event is the Andrzej Wajda Film Culture Center. Program partners of the event are: Mazovia Warsaw Film Commission, Mazovia Culture Institute, American Film Festival, British Council and Goethe-Institut.